Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Twitchie Day(tm) - Part 2 - GDKP TotC25


Previously, on Twitchie Day(tm)...

While queued for H PoS in Dalaran, I noticed a GDKP run being advertised in trade, and I thought it's just about time for some bonus material! I sold Twitchie as a brand new 80 alt, with plenty of coin, and a TON of upgrades available. Kaboom, invite at 1049.

Despite my gear, I felt like I performed admirably, with 4k DPS on beasts and 4.8k on Lord Jaraxxus. It was really nice to see the impact of 25 man buffs on performance, and start getting used to raiding from a gnome perspective.

My first pickup of the day was for pure profit, the BoE [Drape of the Untamed Predator] went my way for 2600g, and having previously sold them on the guild's behalf for over 7k I was confident of a quick turn around for a reasonable profit despite its ever declining value.

I had my first experience with squishy lock syndrome in faction champs, but still managed to pick up a [Trophy of the Crusade] for 1400g.

Twins was an absolute delight, and hitting a 36k shadow bolt was a nice surprise. I missed [Chalice of Searing Light] at 1600g which was just more than I was prepared to pay for an offhand, but had fun driving the price up all the same.

We did have a wipe on Anub, with the OTs not working so well together, and the healing a little all over the place in phase 3. Second time around, we smashed it and I was done by 1232. I also picked up a second trophy again at 1400g, so I was pretty ecstatic about that. Due to some other upgrades (later in the story) that second trophy is still sitting in the bank!

So my expenses for GDKP were
2600g - Drape
1400g - Trophy
1400g - Trophy
5400g - Total

My earnings from GDKP were
1064g - GDKP split (very low, since no significant loot / trinkets dropped)
4600g - Drape sale
0050g - Vendor price of on Trophy
5614g - Total; so I came out a little ahead

So next up on the Twtichie Day(tm) saga - Naxxramas!

No comments:

Post a Comment