Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Heroic Blood Queen 10 man


So here's a post about what I would have liked to have known going into heroic Blood Queen. There are plenty of blog entries on the general differences of the fight, but not any accessible (I have good google skills) on the specific milestones you are looking out for.

I had done this fight on an alt before my main (such is the way) and had completed heroic Blood Queen despite my desire (I completely forgot) to finish it off on normal... however I didn't look at the specifics.

Our progression team on paper had pew pew to spare, so I was confident of a kill after pugging the fight on an alt. We also had a smaller issue with tank deaths, so it seemed like a slam dunk. However, it did prove to be a little tricky.

So...

1. Don't die. You just can't fail at any of the basic mechanics. Don't die to swarming shadows, don't delay in eradicating pact of the darkfallen, and get those bites off! (Do delay the first two sets (<5s to go before turning) as not to have to bite during the fear phase).

2. Before the first fear phase, you're aiming for around 60% health left on the boss.

3. Before the second fear phase, you're aiming for under 25% health left on the boss.

Any slower than that, or any deaths will severely impair your chances of defeating the Blood Queen on heroic mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment