Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I love bags!

 

I just can’t get enough bag space, so finally after kitting out Zenborg and Twtichie in their BoE tailoring epics, I had enough [Dreamcloth] left over to make Jossamine (Jondy’s warlock) a pair of [Breeches of Mended Nightmares] AND make Borgthor a [Illusionary Bag]!

The tough decision was which bag in my bank to replace, as the smallest is now 20 slots. [Tattered Hexcloth Sack] won out over [Papa's New Bag].

STOP PRESS!

While I got the wowhead link for [Papa's New Bag], I realised there's ANOTHER bag that is 22 slots called [Papa's Brand New Bag] which also had a chance of dropping from Bronjahm <Godfather of Souls> in The Forge of Souls. I hope it was just bad RNG, and not passing on the bag because I thought I had it.

So back to the bags I actually do have... In the screenshot above, you can see my other favourites. Right to left, they are: [Mammoth Mining Bag] which I keep on me full time now that I am crafting a LOT of [Ebonsteel Belt Buckle]s and just pop a few on the AH each time I log on. Perhaps it's time I put it back in the bank and craft them in bulk and let my AH toons do the posting... but I'm getting distracted.

Next up are the Haris Pilton bags, [Portable Hole] and ["Gigantique" Bag]. I was a little surprised that there wasn't an achievement for equipping her hole after they acknowledged my sack. Oh well.

I have chronic bag space issues on Borgthor, who keeps a lot of BoP stuff with largely sentimental value. I'm not sure if I'm mentioned my shield collection on the blog before, which I sometimes am tempted to prune. Jondy won't let me throw away my imperial plate set (which dresses me up like a Stormwind guard), and the festival stuff... oh the festival stuff. Then of course, there's tons and tons and tons of gear. I'm adverse to throwing anything away that I could possibly need in the future... although with the constant gear resets and reforging, it is much less of an issue these days.

So to the sad news, Blizzard took away one of my favourite bags, the [Supply Bag], which was associated with the Argent Dawn (revered if I recall correctly). I remember so vividly, leveling my first toon and deciding that I just had to have this huge massive bag. I had assumed that I vendored it until I looked it up and realised that it probably disappeared when classic quests were redesigned for Cataclysm.

DOUBLE STOP PRESS.

What can only be described as a completely rambling post... I'm coming full circle. The [Supply Bag] is no longer available, but I still have mine! I equipped it in the bank when I decided that a mining bag for the bank AND my bags was overkill. I sent all more old ore / bars to alts to streamline my storage and threw my PvP gear in this bag in the bank. /Phew.

Rounding out my collection are [Enlarged Onyxia Hide Backpack], [Dragon Hide Bag], and more [Glacial Bag] and [Embersilk Bag]s than you can poke a stick at. I think I vendored the [Halaani Bag] quite early on since for some reason I wasn't too attached to it. Oh, and don't forget the ubiqutous [Abyssal Bag] that is a mainstay of my alts since soulshards were removed from the game.

Well, that's quite a trip down memory lane. Bags are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment