Monday, May 24, 2010

Dreamwalker 25 Saved!

On Saturday night saved Valithria Dreamwalker in 25 man ICC. For about the sixth week in a row Saturday rolled around with an incomplete roster on the sign up sheet. However, the tactic of leaving loot pinatas Festergut and Rotface alive proved itself, and we were able to attract the couple of extra toons required to fill the raid with the promise of farm bosses and a shot at the object.

Suspend reality while I tell you this isn't a catch up post and attempt not to shatter my segue straight into Borgthor DPSing Festergut using [Shadow's Edge]!

So... that's not quite Festergut, but people celebrate getting their brand new perfectly itemised epic weapons in different ways. Shadow's Edge is part slow, part ArP, part crit and all awesome, and has been a huge boost to my offspec since I decided to go the ArP hard cap route. I still have some way to go but 83% isn't a bad start... now for that trinket.

Back to Saturday, Festergut went down comfortably and I was pleased that even doing the same DPS two weeks ago, my offspec was pushed down substantially on the damage ranking. Rotface was good fun as always, and I particularly enjoy kiting the Oozes (and then hearing on my alts pugs about how warriors can't do it).

Dreamwalker was a hectic fight, but we managed to save her on our third attempt for the evening. We ran three tanks which might be a little superfluous, but I had fun running from side to side help out. I think next time I'll either run two (although I would have felt a little guilty consuming all those souls on a progression boss for a first time) or assign two tanks one side and overload the DPS slightly with the single tank to make picking mobs up a little more linear. Our healing team did a great job in the portals, and held us up against a never ending wave of mobs long enough to get the job done.

Blood Queen is our next challenge for the 25 man team (SPREAD OUT!), and hopefully getting two nights of raiding up and a new progression boss will give us some momentum for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment