Monday, October 11, 2010

(Re)Introducing Wrathborg



Wrathborg is my rogue and first alt (second toon) in WoW. He started out life as a tailor, because I wanted to make my own bags. In fact so much so that his leveling in the early days (before Borg was 70) was centered around breaking that next crafting skill cap. I soon got tired of a weird looking Elven tailor, and as Zenborg took over tailoring he was benched.

Despite Jondy’s many pleas to bring back the rogue (and severe objections to the notion that I might delete him)... he stayed benched while Zenborg, Borgelmir and Twitchie (the Gnome Warlock) all leveled through to 80 in Wrath.

Finally, I decided to ditch Tailoring for skinning, and keep engineering despite Borgelmir also having that profession. I also looked into the specs and decided that an Assasination (mutilate) rogue was right for him. While mutilate rogues get some teasing for being on the faceroll side of the equation, even while leveling I found dual wielding daggers, spending a lot of time in stealth and wreaking havoc with poisons just felt like what I wanted my rogue to be.

Wrathborg hit 80 late August, and in his second ICC 10 man cruised through 11/12 with his favourite companion Jorgie [leveling partner, and Jondy’s enhancement shaman]. Wrath has been extremely lucky with loot, picking up [Rib Spreader] and [Flesh-Carving Scalpel] in his first 25 and 10 man run respectively. I was very surprised to pick up the heroic [Ikfirus’ Sack of Wonder] in ICC 25 shortly after purchasing the regular version.

My DPS highlight thus far has to be in that second ICC10 run, when on Rotface, the combination of heroism, great buffs, great RNG (no infection) and a group that could kill him in 2m27s made for a delightful 11.2k DPS.

Bonus highlight (since I started writing this post): [Deathbringer’s Will] !!!!!!!!!! I was lucky enough to pick up DBW (although I was hoping for [Heartpierce] (for PvP as much as anything)) in a PuG this week. I then put it to great use and hit my stride for 13.8k DPS on Festergut. While there was some room for improvement (like better Hunger for Blood uptime and yelling a fellow rogues for tricks) it was nice to trash Borgthor’s effort the previous week with his newly acquired DBW.

I went out to farm leather while waiting for a PuG to form one day, and despite being not too poorly geared, the memory of how Twitchie would tear mammoths and rhinos apart was just too much to handle... so with the help of Jondy’s secret stash of low level herbs, I power leveled Alchemy in a quick session after breakfast one day (just wait until you see what she got in return). I went Elixir Master partly so I could produce the guild’s flasks myself, but mostly as a potential income stream come cataclysm. I gotta say, the 2 hour flasks and extra AP are pretty nice. An extra regular transmute per day is icing on the cake.

So after a very shaky start, Wrathborg has proved to be a joy to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment